William Austin Smith - Composer
firstname.lastname@example.org / 706-338-8212
Produce musical scores for visual media, including film, television, video games and stage productions.
I have a Masters in Film Music Composition from the University of North Carolina School of the Arts. I have great project management skills and extensive experience recording, engineering and conducting, as well as producing, editing and directing films and commercials. As both a composer and filmmaker, I am sensitive to the unique demands of other filmmakers.
In 2013 I was commissioned to arrange and produce an album of contemporary lounge-music, based on Johnny Mercer tunes. The Kessler Collection asked me to create a modernized fusion of piano-jazz and electronics for a boutique hotel they are building in Johnny Mercer's home town of Savannah, GA.
In December 2013, I recorded a big band album in Paris, France. A collaboration between myself, singer/songwriter, Julie Rose Wilde, and Ron Meza's High Definition Big Band, The Mystery of Love In Paris is a fusion of gypsy jazz and big band, and features world-renowned recording artists, Bireli Lagrene, Didier Lockwood and Jeff Hamilton.
In 2012 I was commissioned to write two original works for the Camel City Jazz Orchestra, based in North Carolina, and I was also commissioned to arrange for the Savannah Jazz Orchestra for the 2012 Savannah Jazz Festival. Samples of my jazz compositions and arrangements are available here.
I have composed original scores for films, commercials and corporate videos - samples of my scoring works are available here.
North Carolina School of the Arts MFA in Film Music Composition May 2012
Valdosta State University BBA in Business Management Dec 2008
Additional Related Work Experience
• Arranged for marching bands
• Edited videos for television at WSAV, an NBC affiliate station in Savannah, GA
• Transcribed for Music Minus One, NYC (2012-2013)
• Filmmaking: Editing, Producing, Writing, Directing, Photography
• Music Editing: Experienced in Music Supervision, Transcriptions and Score-Prep
• Conducting: Orchestral, Symphonic, Jazz, Chamber Ensembles, Marching Bands
• Instruments: Trombone, Trumpet, Bass guitar, Drums, Fife, Vocals
• Business Management: Communications, Accounting, Project Management
ProTools, Logic, Sibelius, Finale, Kontakt, BFD2, GigaStudio, Final Cut, Vegas, Adobe Premiere, After Effects